Monday, October 20, 2008

Colored Glass


I have to admit, I am attracted to most things that are colorful and shiny. Glittering glass sculptures with their radiant color and reflected light can be especially inspiring. I've recently used tinted glass for Landmark Theatres entrance canopy, here in Baltimore. BHA Architects designed the canopy structure and coordinated the fabrication. Their original design had called for a clear glass canopy that matched the rest of the canopies along the building's facade. In order to make the Movie Theater entrance more pronounced, I suggested using a tinted glass in my entrance signage design.



Here are some other examples of how tinted glass can be used to enhance an experience. Below are some photos of the Hudson Hotel in New York City, designed by Philip Starke. As well as some other examples I came across online. I apologize, but for the life of me, I can't remember where I found them.

No comments: